Saturday, December 16, 2006

How do only wise guys always end up saying famous quotes?

I thought I'd add a touch of wisdom to this page. And since wisdom is not my best drinking buddy, I shall just go out with others' drinking buddies (or, in saner words, I will just mooch off on others' wise words).

"I don't know the secret of success, but the secret of failure is to try to please everybody." --Bill Cosby
(Woohoo... upside is that I managed to crack at least some secret. At least according to Bill Cosby's analysis)

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei
(Easy for him to say that. He was a physicist+astronomer+philosopher. I'm the average-ugly-fat-Joe)

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)
(Friends who? Guess Mr. Martin Luther King Jr. doesn't know of my average-ugly-fat-Joe status)

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
(I guess it's definitely better than staying still in a dark place. At least if you're moving, you might get into some trouble and end up making someone laugh as you get hurt)

"Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung." - Voltaire (1694-1778)
(... and/or blogged)

Sarcasm: the last refuge of modest and chaste-souled people when the privacy of their soul is coarsely and intrusively invaded. - Fyodor Dostoevski
(Guilty as charged... hehehe)

2 comments :

Abhijeet said...

frm where did u pick up all these quotes??man u read voltaire n stuff??:O

The Neverknown said...

haha.. no dude.. i dont read voltaire and dont even ask me to pronounce 'Fyodor Dostoevski'.. just came across these online

Post a Comment

 

neverknown © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness